Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services - A Decent College Job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services

"A Decent College Job"

Former Employee - Student Associate
Former Employee - Student Associate

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work schedule works around your class schedule, friendly and similar-aged coworkers and managers, laid-back atmosphere.

Cons

Start at minimum wage no matter what, some of the rule changes were BS

Advice to Management

Make it easy on the employees to do a good job. Quit making us jump through hoops.

Other Employee Reviews for Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services

1. "Work with good people, but unseen corporate powers greedy"

Current Employee - Cashier, Food Prep
    Current Employee - Cashier, Food Prep

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice to have off during the summer. The manager that is in district is great- wish their opinions had more gravity with corporate as far as procuring raises for the deserving.

Cons

Hot kitchen, very low pay with average .10 cent raise once a year- if you are a very good employee, they may be able to get you as much as .35 for that yearly raise. We make less than most other food service school cafeteria workers in state, and we do many jobs.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the workers who are really beneficial to the company and pay them a decent wage deserving of their talents. It is wrong that someone who does less, does not handle money, starts at same salary, and because they have worked for many years, may actually make 3-4 dollars more than someone who has more responsibilities. At least pay us a decent,humane living wage! Oh, and benefits they offer us to buy into are a joke too.

2. "Little possibility of growth within company"

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services (More than 8 years)

Pros

Easy to juggle work with family.

Cons

Little if any contact with employees unless you work within district office.