Chase - Routine | Glassdoor

"Routine"

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker
Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker

Pros

Matching contributions to 401k, fully vested after 1 yr.
Great commission incentives for licensed bankers selling investments.
Lots of locations if you want to transfer within the US.
Decent sales training program
It's retail and you get to meet lots of cool people

Cons

A lot of politics in management.
Working Saturdays is a bummer for work/life balance.
Can be pretty boring
Redundant sales meetings and huddles, low morale
It's retail and you have to deal with lots of crazy people.

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

1. "Fair"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

Pros

Company Strength, good leadership, great overall salary and benefits

Cons

difficult to preogress within the company

Advice to Management

provide better unbiased feedback, not decisions based on assumtions

2. "Surprisingly pleasant workplace"

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

Pros

Comprehensive and thourough training program--This has been the most surprising thing to me, Chase has invested a lot of money in making sure I can do my job well and learn the industry well before I have even been here a year.
    Meritocracy--My disctrict manager told me this during my interview. This job pays a base and commission, so you are rewarded for excelling not only with money but with praise and job growth opportunities.
    Great place for young professionals--I have a sales background but being here has really made my resume legitimate, I feel like I have many options and Chase doesn't treat me like a second class citizen because I'm under 30.
    Excellent Support--From on-call phone assistance to useful unline tools to management I felt able to do my job effectively even if I was not in my element.

Cons

Accountability--Not of the company, but its employees. Competition is great to drive up numbers but you end up defending the work you have done a lot if some skeevy person somewhere else takes credit for something he or she didn't do.
    Base Pay--Some of the best incentives in the industry but not the best base. If you work hard it will bring you to about equal with similar companies.
    Ladder-Climbing--There are lots of opportunities at Chase, but you have to really remind your superiors to pay attention to your exploits. Don't be afraid of bragging and share any customer compliments with your bosses.

Advice to Management

Lay off on the pressure for checking accounts, the bank makes a lot of money on them as they are the foundation for the other servies Chase offers. New relationships are great but as a Personal Banker you have to wear a lot of hats, so if your employee has some solid leads allow them to follow up on them--I gotta eat.