Chase - Too much politics in the job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chase

"Too much politics in the job"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Loan Officer in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the referrals came easy because of walk ins thats it though

Cons

too many company politics
too much contradictions

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

1. "You think it will get better...."

Current Employee - Senior Teller in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Teller in New York, NY

Pros

The salary is decent (which may be an overstatement). Management can be rather flexible when time off is needed as long as its reasonable. There are some nice discounts and perks tied with employment.

Cons

Many aim for promotions but very few will get them. It depends on who you know. I know managers that rose through the ranks in a couple years while I know others with nearly 20 years with the company who are deserving but ignored. And these are not people that are complacent with their position; very hardworking people who's contribution are often ignored. Salaries are not competitive with competitors. I know several former coworkers that have found better salaries elsewhere. Tellers often take the blame for drops in customer experience rankings.

Advice to Management

You have a lot more valuable employees than you know. You should treat them as such.

"You are just another number. Good place to collect a pay check, but thats about it."

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Portland, OR

I worked at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

health benefits, great co-workers, possible to make a lot of money, strong company, great products.

Cons

Extremely micro-managed. Management have a "Do as I say, not as I do" mentality. Expected to work the lobby(grab people from the lobby and bring them over to your desk, "help" them with their transaction, but what you are actually doing is pawning off the transaction to a Runner/Teller, while the runner completes the transaction, you are expected to find a "need" for the customer and sell them products- Credit cards, savings account, etc.) Expected to cold call and set appointments when the branch is slow. If you aren't in a busy/wealthy location, don't expect to make a lot of commission, but still have pressure to do as well as other bankers in busy/wealthy locations.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your employees and stop expecting bankers to achieve unrealistic numbers. WTL and call nights are pointless, all you are doing are annoying customers.