Chase - Great company, mission, salary... | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Chase

"Great company, mission, salary..."

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Denver, CO

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, great bonus potential, excellent work environment.

Cons

I felt that the base salary could've been a little bit higher.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!! Remember that the bankers are the primary sales force that drives revenue. BE GOOD TO YOUR BANKERS!

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

"Former Branch Manager - Run for your life"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Lafayette, LA

I worked at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Bonus potential as a Branch Manager, 4 weeks vacation right in the door plus sick days. Helping customers better understand how to handle their finances.

Cons

No work/life balance. Stop expecting managers to work over 60 hours per week. Once you are hired on a Manager everything is about Chase and they can care less about your family life. High pressure sales techniques, and the stress put on the bankers and management to meet unrealistic sales goals and campaigns.

Advice to Management

Chase needs to hire more knowledgable District Managers, and the main focus is retaining employees. However, that is very difficult if you have DMs that do not know how to speak to staff members with respect. Also, set attainable goals and show employees who are on the front line more appreciation and the turnover rate will instantly decrease.

"Base Salary/Commissions are a JOKE!"

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

OK benefits. Good experience. Opportunity to get Series 6/63 Licensed. Good job for recent college grad. Get your license/experience and get out! Branch Manager and employees great to work with. Senior Management is good but I have heard of bad experiences. Overall they agree that we should be compensated more.

I should note that I was not fired, have never been discriminated against and have no ill will towards and of my co-workers. This review is solely based on JPM Chase's compensation structure.

Cons

Base Salary is $32k. No raises. Bankers with Chase for 10+ yrs making $32k. If you get promoted you get a PAY CUT! Commissions are a JOKE. The ONLY bankers that are making good money are in NY City. Some making $20k month in commissions alone. They are the example to the rest of the country, when there is absolutely NO WAY to make that kind of money in 98% of the rest of the country. PVC system is a joke. Lots of disgruntled banker's expected to provide a Great Customer experience....it's not happening!

15 PVC's to open account
    you get 80% dollar value when you hit 400 PVC's and 100% when you hit 1000 PVC's. Hardly any bankers make 1000 PVC's in a month to be able to get a $1000 commission check.

Advice to Management

If you can lose $9B in one quarter then raise peoples wages!