Chase - strong company to work for, will be a lifer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chase

"strong company to work for, will be a lifer"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Chase (More than a year)

Pros

pay, strength of company, pension, great benefits, great opportunities to move up in the company across many types of positions. Company pays very well.

Cons

training can be remedial, tough to replace non-performing employees

Advice to Management

trust your managers to run branch, do not keep repeating same message

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

1. "Too much redtape"

Former Employee - Trade Processing in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Trade Processing in New York, NY

I worked at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job. Mindless work.. casual dress

Cons

Long hours horrible upper management

Advice to Management

Reward your employes with bonuses

2. "Personal Banker"

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was a decent company to work for. The bank wants to continue to beat analyst and market expectations for its stock value, and is cutting down on commissions for a majority of bankers. Management thinks the bank will suffer in the future, or at least the stock price has reached a threshold, so are selling their positions, tells you of how much they trust the firm's future.

Cons

Management is looking to cut costs. So they are cutting commissions. They are also changing roles for the position. A Personal Banker will no longer be needing an Investment Licence. That will be only for Relationship Bankers - a new position. This change means, the personal banker is now a glorified teller, who gets a service bonus of 4-6 hundred after a base pay, of 950 every two weeks after taxes. We have already had 4-6 bankers leave from our district after the change. From the people I originally started working with a team of 7 bankers: 2 left before I was on boarded, 1 was fired, 2 additional quit, and 2 moved to other branches. That is a turnover rate of 100%.

Although they would not like to admit it, your chances of being placed in positions that will lead you to further success within the firm will increase if you are, young, white and male. This is true from the analysts they hire for training in Chitown, to the branch managers they hire and place in branches with Good P&L. Employees from women, to minorities have pointed this out to me.

Advice to Management

You guys suck. Full of people with personality flaws, some are too intense, some are not friendly, and others who look down upon you.

Stop trying to make people feel like they work in the best bank in the industry, and that they should be privileged as such. We only listen to that crap to keep the smaller and smaller pay checks coming our way.