Chase - Best job ever i have been in the work force >30 years., | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chase

"Best job ever i have been in the work force >30 years.,"

Current Employee - Retail Mortgage Underwriter in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Retail Mortgage Underwriter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

not enough space provided. There is a 20 word minimum.

Cons

All employees are- screened for background check.-

Advice to Management

Good job, keep the stock price up.

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

"Great benefits, low moral"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Niles, IL
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Niles, IL

I worked at Chase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great base pay and incentive pay, knowledgable staff partners, Great training program, easy to use computer systems, top of the line technology, and unlimited sales incentive pay. Very good benefits including domestic partnership benefits and adoption assistance. Chase really supports diversity at the branch level.

Cons

Stressful sales environment. You must be a top performer in the district to even be considered for location transfer or advancement. This is the reason I left the company - my district manager would not allow me to transfer to a branch closer to my home when I asked because I had not completed a full year at the branch I was assigned. Although I realize it was my fault for accepting the branch, I simply did not realize the 10 mile commute would equate to an hour each way. When I gave my notice, then she offered to help me but I had already accepted a new position. It put a bad taste in my mouth that they didn't care about me until I said I was leaving. Treat people right from the beginning is how you gain loyalty.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the branch employee's work life balance and don't force employees to threaten to quit before listening to their concerns. I loved working there but had to quit when the district manager (our branch manager quit and we didn't get a replacement for 3 months besides trainees) treated me so poorly.

"Typical Corporate environment"

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You work at a Fortune 20 Company...the benefits to that are pretty incredible

Cons

It is really really inside the box corporate mentality. The things that drive your day to day work are constantly hindered by a"list" that someone or something ended up on. Nobody in the middle management can explain why the metrics matter but they do. Essentially it is not a big picture type of environment

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and think out side the box. cross train on jobs and de-compartmentalize the process to get better results.