Chase - Good experience | Glassdoor

"Good experience"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in New York, NY
Current Employee - Personal Banker in New York, NY

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is room to grow, the company does have great employees and great manager, if you get lucky.

Cons

There needs to be more openings available, better health care, better salaries.

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

1. "Grateful to have had an opportunity to work at JP-Morgan, I learned a lot."

Former Employee - Bank Teller
    Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at Chase part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good company to work for, number one in its industry. For the most part management is fair and pay is descent. 401(K) incentive at the end of each year.

Cons

No college reimbursement. Moving up in the company can be difficult, depending on your management.

Advice to Management

Promote within as much as you can. Remember, happy employees make happy customers.

"Worst Management Team EVER"

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker

I worked at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros. This was the worst job I ever had.

Cons

Worst managment staff ever
    worst health benefits
    worst HR department

Management works less hours than full time staff

Management is given priority for every scheduling need, then seniority. So you could go 3-4 years and never get Christmas off. And if you have a manager like I had, she wouldn't have the guts to correct the situation. She'd just make you work every holiday for the whole year.

Work every single Saturday with 2 other bankers, doing nothing all day, hardly making any money or meeting with any clients. There was a time that I worked 12 Saturdays in a row before I could get a single on off, but my manager only worked two per month.

Advice to Management

Hire new managers. Stop just moving them from location to location because they are awful. Instead of fixing the problems with current managers they just play this shuffle game, constantly relocating the problem. Managers are not properly trained, coached or held accountable for their own actions. Buying lunch for the branch isn't a way to teach people or motivate a team. You actually have to spend time with them and show an interest and not be worried about only yourself. This company is filled with the worst managers I have ever seen in my career.