Chase - FA | Glassdoor

"FA"

Pros

Flexibility great management, opportunity to make a lot of money

Cons

process and compliance is horrible!

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

"Banking isn't for everyone"

Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their health benefits are very good. They have a seperate account that you can use if you get cholesterol screenings, exercise, and eat right. You can use that money to pay for prescriptions and doctor visits.

There is also college tuition funding, maternity leave, etc. like most companies should have.

Cons

There is not enough time to properly address the many issues that I have encountered here at Chase but these are the most obvious. First off, management that lacks empathy and is always in reactive mode, not proactive mode. There seems to be no sense of accountabiity for their decision making process.

Second, all communication is done by email, not face to face. This would only make sense if the people you were dealing with were in another building or state, not in the same building or floor! I have been there over a year and still have never met 90% of the people who email me on a daily basis. Do to my position, I cannot leave my desk except on breaks.

Third, training is highly lacking. While there are classes for underwriters, processors, etc., there is no training on how everyday things are done. Maybe because it changes daily since management will not stick with one process.

Fourth, HR has been outsourced to ANOTHER COUNTRY! Yes, when you have an issue about payroll or have a co-worker dispute, you have to either go online and research the topic or call the HR line; there is no office to walk to. When calling, be prepared to talk to someone who does not understand the English language at all and will say that's an IT issue and throw you back to the Help desk.

As I have said before, there isn't enough time to discuss all the troubles I have seen in this company. I guess you can't fix stupid.

Advice to Management

When your employee asks you help with an issue, do not answer them with, "I'm not worried about that. I have bigger fish to fry." If you don't fix the little problems, they will just snowball into more complex problems. Either fix what's broken or hire someone beneath you who can.

Also, do not pit groups against one another for personal gain. Things do trickle down to the masses and it just shows how unprofessional management is.

2. "Teller at JPMorgan Chase"

I worked at Chase part-time

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. Uniforms are provided to tellers for free. Flexible working hour for college students. Job training is extensive and helpful.

Cons

Long working hour, especially on Saturday compared to other banks. Management is too heavy on sales. Annual raise is too little even though performance throughout the year is excellent.