Chase - Personal Banker with more than a year of experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chase

"Personal Banker with more than a year of experience"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tooele, UT
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tooele, UT

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong company, great culture. The company exercises tremendous integrity. They work hard to give back to the community when they can. Senior management takes ownership for their mistakes. They really have everyone's best interest in mind (economy, government, charity, customers, employees, and the company itself).

Great sales culture. Personal bankers are often pushed to sell, sell, sell with no regard for how that pressure on employees affects the customer experience. I think this company strikes a nice balance between production and the customer experience.

For a large corporate company, there's a lot of resources and support for personal bankers. It's not perfect, but I've learned a lot about how a large company can be effective. One of my favorite features is the "send us feedback" button on the intranet network. Whenever an employee submits an idea for improvement or a customer complaint, a physical person responds usually within that day. It's apparent that some of Chase's best ideas come from the bottom up.

Cons

The pay structure (base pay plus incentive) is pretty good if you're in a busy branch, but if you're not, you'll be paid below industry average. They take the attitude that your production depends on you, not on the size of your branch or the economy of your community. I get that they're trying to get us to be productive, but there's only so much you can do when people in the community just don't have money. That being said, they take care of you in terms of benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

1. "Unfortunately I have had a poor experience working for Chase in Chicago."

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits for employees, earning potential, good networking groups

Cons

A lot of BS to put up with, especially from management. The managers expect perfection, and that is ridiculous. They will critique you endlessly on every little mistake you make.

Advice to Management

Don't think you're always right at everything. You're not.

2. "It was not a job I would return to."

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Highland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Highland Park, IL

I worked at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a fabulous learning experience.

Cons

It was a terribly dysfunctional work environment.

Advice to Management

Middle management needs to all be on the same page and giving the same direction as the company expectation.