Chase - Great company | Glassdoor

"Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Teller in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Teller in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great opportunity to move up within retail locations.
Great insurance plans, 401k, etc.
Pay was great
For someone without a degree, there are still opportunities.
great bonuses

Cons

constant turnover, lack of management knowledge, unrealistic customer service standards and goals. There is a huge push for customer service, and sometimes these goals are unrealistic.

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

1. "It all depends of what branch you are working in."

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Chase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good managers=AWESOME EXPERIENCE
    Quarterly Bonuses
    Raise
    Bonus
    Laid Back

Cons

HORRIBLE MANAGERS=Horrible Experience
    Pay is not fair
    Promotions is only for people who know people

Advice to Management

Try and be flexible with schedules, stop being so annoying, if you set an example your employees will follow.

2. "Personal Banker with more than a year of experience"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tooele, UT
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tooele, UT

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong company, great culture. The company exercises tremendous integrity. They work hard to give back to the community when they can. Senior management takes ownership for their mistakes. They really have everyone's best interest in mind (economy, government, charity, customers, employees, and the company itself).

Great sales culture. Personal bankers are often pushed to sell, sell, sell with no regard for how that pressure on employees affects the customer experience. I think this company strikes a nice balance between production and the customer experience.

For a large corporate company, there's a lot of resources and support for personal bankers. It's not perfect, but I've learned a lot about how a large company can be effective. One of my favorite features is the "send us feedback" button on the intranet network. Whenever an employee submits an idea for improvement or a customer complaint, a physical person responds usually within that day. It's apparent that some of Chase's best ideas come from the bottom up.

Cons

The pay structure (base pay plus incentive) is pretty good if you're in a busy branch, but if you're not, you'll be paid below industry average. They take the attitude that your production depends on you, not on the size of your branch or the economy of your community. I get that they're trying to get us to be productive, but there's only so much you can do when people in the community just don't have money. That being said, they take care of you in terms of benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!