Chase - JPMorgan is the best company I have worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chase

"JPMorgan is the best company I have worked for."

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN
Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Chase as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The managers have an excellent rapport with the agents. You get an opportunity to really make someone happy in this job.

Cons

The student loan department closed, and eliminated most of our jobs.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for advancement within the company. Many of us enjoy working here, and would like to stay with this company.

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

1. "Mortgage Banker at Chase"

Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in New York, NY

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Coworkers, very good pay

Cons

Long hours, lack of continuity between operations and sales, management can be out of touch with staff

Advice to Management

Be more in touch with staff's day to day struggles.

2. "I used to love it here! They have gone thru 10+ centers and eliminated thousands of jobs right before the holidays!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my current position I could pick my work schedule. They give off a lot of holidays. They do pay a severance. Had a great management team that is going to be really hard to replace.

Cons

Many of the loan officers and processors here are not trained properly and some have little to no experience. Transfers with mortgage exp do not get salary increases. We have to come in everyday with no work to do and watch the few people that were lucky enough to get trans to another u/w dept have so much work they are working OT if we don't come in we lose our severance. They say they want to help us transition into another dept but tell us we cannot apply for jobs above our current pay grade which was promised would be fixed but never was. They send emails out of how many billions we make but close entire depts because its not profitible yet VP's still get huge bonuses. They say they care about employees but really don't.

Advice to Management

Stop over hiring underwriters! Provide training to loan officers and processors, taking over three + months to process a HARP is unacceptable. Stop transferring people who have no mortgage exp into underwriting positions. Do we really need this many VP's? You are losing some of the best talent in the industry!!