Chase - WORST JOB EVER | Glassdoor

"WORST JOB EVER"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Chase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

not many.. your co workers are your only salvation and the only ones who care about you because mgmt and the company does not

Cons

Benefits, Hours, Pay, Management, Training, Stress, the company does not care about you as long as they are making money off their customers unless your a special customer then you get everything you want.. oh and how did chase compensate all the money we credit in late fees and interest they took away bonuses and only a limited amt of ppl get raises each year and even those raises are diddly squat...

Advice to Management

Management whats that??? at Chase it is a title and more money... they are in meetings all day so the employees under them are left to fend for themselves. When they are available they are condescending and usually have no clue whats going on. (not all are like this but most) listen to your ccr's they are your front line our jobs are alot harder than yours with less money and not much room for development or advancement. If you want to advance within chase please make sure you know how to kiss a** because as much as they ride you about stats it doesnt matter if your manager likes you you could have the worst stats but you will move forward in the company over someone whos stats are great... they cause you more stress than you deserve... I would never recommend this job to anyone unless you like to be the peoples punching bag bc it doesnt matter who you are as long as you answer the phones what your managers decide is right even if it isnt you get the brunt of ppls bitterness. They preach Fair Lending there is nothing about chase that is fair...

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

1. "personal banker"

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in New York, NY

I worked at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chase tends to train employees to acquire adequate information on products it sells.

Cons

Like your regular bank job, traditional with glass ceiling for minority.

2. "A strong company to work for, but you definately feel like you are at the bottom of a giant corporate latter."

Current Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The first few years I had great earning potential. It was worth the long hours and high pressure performance based atmosphere because the income was quite good. Working for this company gave me a "thick skin," which I believe will allow me to excel above other employees when I enter a new position with a new firm. I also gained excellent customer service and communication skills to boost the resume. There is also plenty of opportunity to move within the company and get promoted to lower level management. If you are competitive, independent and a problem solver, then you can excel with this company in any deparment.

Cons

-I can only speak for the Consumer Direct (home lending) department within Chase on this note... but the past year or so they have made several adjustments to our compensation for the worse, while at the same time increasing the expectations of production and performance. I understand the company may need to make cuts in certain areas, but personally this is the primary reason for MY departure from this company.
    -There was a lot of miscommunication between departments in regards to operational procedures. This caused most of the daily stress and confusion.
    -You should consider yourself lucky if you had a direct supervisor who understood the job well and instilled confidence and motivation in you.
    -As an employee, you are a number within the corporation and your performance is tracked by numbers, and the numbers don't lie. It doesn't matter how long you have worked here or how good you used to perform. If you under perform you will be fired. Also, to get promoted you MUST have the highest numbers.
    -Its no secret employees will now be hired in at much less compensation than what the position used to pay. This job used to pay operations employees $70k - $90k. Now it seems to be more like $45 - $50k.

Advice to Management

I believe our CEO and senior management genuinely want the employees to be happy and successful. Unfortunately there is no way for them to know of the level of incompetence with lower level management. I have tried to express my concerns within the annual employee satisfaction survey and within a professional (and anonymous) manner, but nothing came about it. While it is healthy to breed competition among peers, I believe the company would be much more successful if it ALSO attempted to cultivate an environment to teach the under performers how to become successful. Please get involved with the management hiring process. You need to hire managers who not only excel in the departmental duties, but know how to communicate, motivate and lead your teams; not simply get rid of employees who are under performing while providing zero guidance.