Chase - I would rather jump in front of the 6 train then ever go back | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chase

"I would rather jump in front of the 6 train then ever go back"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in New York, NY
Former Employee - Personal Banker in New York, NY

I worked at Chase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a job and a paycheck.

Cons

My managers were completely incompetent.
Absolutely no room for advancement. Their idea of advancement was to tell you they would move you and have you take on more responsibilities. Send you to go on a ridiculous amount of interviews, just to say you’re not ready. So unless you blow your managers good luck moving around.

They change the incentive plan every year lowing the value of products you sell and make it harder to reach the goals.
If you want to make money you better lose your ethics real quick. Be prepared to offer products to people who don't need them or want them. An example would be giving anyone with enough money in their personal account a business account even if they don't have a business.

I was invited to two focus groups to help make employees happier and see what works and what doesn't. I was told speak your mind because they want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Was also told your management won’t hear about anything that is said or who said it. Prior to me going to the meeting my branch manager told me "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all". At this point in my time there, I didn't care anymore. I said what I thought and brought up all the things that were going on in my branch that bothered me. My manager knew what I said before I even got back to the branch. I put a target on my back.

I called HR to report my manager because of a comment she made to me that was really inappropriate and degrading. During this call I was asked all my information: standard id and name when I asked why the HR person said so they can contact the DM and let them know what was going on. As well as set up a meeting with me the DM and BM. I said no thank you and hung up. A few days later my manager brought up in the morning huddle that the DM was upset with her because someone on her team had called HR. Making that target on my back even bigger. She was definitely told without a doubt in my mind by the DM. Going forward from there I was treated completely different.

I was treated like garbage, was told that if I didn't make sales I wouldn't have a job. “We can get anyone off the street to do your job” – My Branch manager. Thanks for the confidence 
Let’s not forget the managers will always try and make you sign documents that they write up. Oh and if you don’t sign be ready for some repercussions. The purpose of this is so they can fire you for breaking some rule they make up and not allow you to file for unemployment.
If you going to work here good luck, my only recommendation would be never sign anything that management forces you to sign.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who aren't complete idiots. Just because they will jump when you say jump doesn't make them good managers.

Also forcing your employees to sign documents that they don't want to with fear of their jobs isn't right.

This was the worse job I have ever had, I have had a lot of jobs some I liked more than others. But honestly never a job that I was completely miserable going to every morning.

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

1. "Great people"

Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Chase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are all top quality. Culture us really good. Everyone is very helpful.

Cons

Benefits are not the best. Health insurance is pricey and 401k match sucks.

2. "Keep Your Focus and Chase is a Great Fit"

Current Employee - Online Technical Support in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Online Technical Support in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Chase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is so much opportunity to move up in this company. As of October, I have only been with Chase for 6 months and I have already been promoted to an escalations position.

They give you a lot of training and support before cutting you loose on the phones. It is a lot of information, but you HAVE to give yourself time to learn it. Don't give up so easily and sell yourself short.

So many perks! Free Premier Plus acct with free checks! You get fed all the time! Merchant discounts

They are always trying to change things like the scorecard to make things better and fairer to the employees. People want to complain about it being difficult to get a decent score, but all you have to do is be knowledgeable, on time to work, and friendly to customers.

Cons

The managers tend to walk around and socialize with each other. They are never at their desk when you need them to be. This can be frustrating if you have a question or have a customer requesting to speak to a manager.

The pay could be a little bit better. Yes, we are judged on a lot and I think it would be great if we could get compensated a bit more fairly.

They don't really empower you to make certain decisions to improve the customer experience. There is a lot of set procedures you have to follow without any wiggle room.

Advice to Management

I love working for Chase. You do a lot to improve the customer and the employee experience. Please allow your telephone bankers to make more executive decisions. This would not only improve the customer experience but your employee experience as well.