Chase - Working for chase has been rewarding. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chase

"Working for chase has been rewarding."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Chase offers great bonuses. Competitive base pay. Good advancement opportunities for bankers trying to become managers. Training is awesome. Easily the best I've ever received. Going thru their management training program rivals MBA level knowledge. Good mobility and ability to grow in your position. I love the branding mentality. They have the best branch support system of any bank. You call they pick up in less than 45 seconds and they got the answer to most anything.

Cons

Phenomenal training but some of the former wamu employees didn't get the same training as people hired under chases ownership. A lot of the problems around me stem from former wamu employees. The two banks were a bad culture fit. Some bad customer service on some of their credit cards.

Advice to Management

Let California employees do loans in the branches! Get rid of any disgruntled former wamu employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

"AMAZING Company! Proud to say I am a Chase Banker!"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Competitive salary
    Sales compensation is the best in the industry
    Full selection of health and wellness benefits to fit individualized needs
    Amazing life insurance offerings
    Thankful for the 401k Plan and in branch financial advisors to walk each person through choices
    Pension plan is a gift from above
    Management, in all levels, competent and willing to help/listen
    Training and development is structured and easy to understand
    Retail banking side requires employee uniforms - professionalism is a must
    SENIOR Management at the top, i.e. Jamie Dimon, Charles Scharf, Heidi Miller are ethical and moral people that employees can look up to and stand by
    Recognition for a job well done is given immediately and rewarded by higher-ups

Cons

I will agree with some (and I mean some-very few) of the cons mentioned in other posts that the balance of work/life is a bit rough. Concessions must be made to work in the retail banking sector; our clients need us to be there for them which requires expanded work hours. It is a 40 hour schedule, but it is different from the normal 9 to 5.

It truly is a numbers game for bankers- not so much a "con" for me, but if you are not sales oriented, do not apply.

***** I am rather insulted by the posts I've read that say we do not care about our clients. That is simply not true. You must understand the logistics of banking to understand why we are compensated for simple things and try so hard to get our clients to use our products. It is simply the way banking as a whole is moving and it began many many years ago. Many times I have met a client that only uses us in a traditional sense, just a bank to cash checks. Think about it though; if I help that customer setup his/her paycheck as a direct deposit then they do not have to wait to get paid or bother with the antiquated "show up to the bank to cash my check" system - it is available immediately. 15K plus ATMs/5K plus branches nationwide give them immediate access to their funds. If I help this same person setup and pay bills using the Chase online banking/bill pay service then I helped this person make sure that their bills are paid in a efficient and timely fashion. If the average person pays 10 bills per month then the stamp cost alone is $4.40 per month/ $52.80 per year. That service is FREE at Chase and we back up our bill pay with guarantees. If my client has a credit card with no rewards and even a normal interest rate, I can roll over those balances to a 0% card and save them money and set them up for rewards. If that client has no savings, I can set them up with a free savings account that they can manage so the nestegg can begin. If that same client left a job many years ago and left behind a 401k, I can setup a meeting with a Chase Financial Advisor that is in-house and free. They can take control of their finances on the spot. If they need a mortgage, I have a mortgage specialist on staff - bam there's your mortgage! And ALL OF IT is available to manage and view through the Chase online banking system. All in-house, all easy to understand, easy to contact your professional financial team, and available nationwide. What more could a client possibly ask for from their bank? Furthermore, what more could a banker ask for from their employer? It is the sweetest possible setup imaginable!!! On top of it, I am compensated to do things I would have done for my clients anyway! How could anyone not see the benfits of working for Chase bank/banking with Chase bank.

For those people that made us sound like mindless drones- you are wrong! We don't try to hurt people, why try to help. If you are not succeeding is this atmosphere then you should consider going to a financial institution that doesn't mind just being the "check casher." Then you can watch the flow of traffic in and out of the branch and never really do anything all day long. That's a great way to "help" people (note the sarcasm).

It is richly rewarding to do my job everyday. Not every day is easy, some people come in and are not happy or want to get more than is afforded to them with our packages, but it is my job to help those people as well- and make sure they leave happy. We can't always help, but we are willing to try.

Advice to Management

Feel the passion of the team that holds you up! We are your foundation - and are proud to be there! You keep doing what you do - and we'll keep the foot on the gas pedal!

This is an amazing company and I appreciate the fact that our good name is not dragged through the mud because of senior management. I respect and appreciate your ethics and morals- and I am thankful for my employment at Chase Bank.

2. "no creativity, following a checklist"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in North Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in North Hollywood, CA

Pros

The company provides clear direction of job requirements. Opportunity to help employees advance and learn. opportunity to make incentive compensation.

Cons

One is not encouraged to be creative or to think of ways to make the job more interesting and challenging. Following a set scrips is all the job requires.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to cultural values. Promote innovation and encourage out of the box thinking. Empower employees to take ownership of their job families.