Chatham Financial - Great for learning, fantastic people, difficult to make an impact, a 200+ person start-up (without the upside | Glassdoor

"Great for learning, fantastic people, difficult to make an impact, a 200+ person start-up (without the upside"

in Kennett Square, PA

I have been working at Chatham Financial

Pros

Great learning environment for smart (even if inexperienced) people who want to learn. I consider them my friends, but I hang out with some during the weekends and off-hours. People are good at what they do, casual environment, flexible, strong technology team (I'm not on it), used to be a big emphasis on developing (investing personally in) people; like character and values; (not so much any more since some key... drivers of change have left)

Cons

Lots of resistance to change, despite the plethora of ideas that flow. No room for advancing. Owner is very stingy and restrictive with equity ownership, so there is virtually no opportunity for existing employees (let along newcomers) to build financial security.

Advice to Management

The founder needs to delegate leadership. Recognize capable people and trust them. Empower them to move forward with your complete blessing and without your interference!

Chatham Financial2011-11-09

Other Employee Reviews

"Chatham Financial - a different type of finance company"

Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Chatham Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Chatham is a great Company to work for, very open and collaborative environment, decent pay and benefits, great talented, smart, and humble people.

Cons

Because the Company is focused on very deep expertise, sometimes the role can be somewhat limited in terms of scope and experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on being a different type of company to retain and attract top talent that resonates with the purposes and values.

Chatham Financial2019-06-24
  2. "Chatham Financial"

I worked at Chatham Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For the most part, the individual contributors are good people.

Cons

Upper management protects their own. All they have been doing for the past 18 months is fighting over money and shares to make sure they can still line their own pockets. I’ve seen/heard about things that have been done/said to employees that would 100% get your fired from other companies. Zero scope for career progression. (We’re entrepreneurial!) If you enjoy working your tail off, going above and beyond,... with absolutely no criteria for advancement or promotion, this is the place for you. Zero workplace diversity, group think. Leadership is all worried about hurting each others feelings and their is a clear lack of decision making. Totally stuck in the past.

Advice to Management

The company is run/managed like its the same company it was 20+ years ago....... Just because someone has been there for 20 years doesn’t mean they are good at what they do

Chatham Financial2019-10-27

Discover more reviews about Chatham Financial.