Chattem - Great Work Life Balance | Glassdoor

"Great Work Life Balance"

Manager

I have been working at Chattem

Pros

Very respectful of family/personal needs Still has a small company feel Fewer layers of management than other companies Lots of exposure

Cons

Decision making has slowed since new ownership, but is still respectable. Pay is below market Employee development is low priority

Advice to Management

Actively engage in employee development by implementing a program or offer mentor/ learning.

Chattem2015-11-24

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Amazing experience!!"

Former Intern - Operations Intern in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Chattem for less than a year

Pros

This job prepared me for the world. Every day was a new lesson that I could put on my resume and something I could use in everyday life. They are absolutely the family company they say they are.

Cons

There tended to be a lack of consistency. This wasn't a bad thing for me because I like to keep busy but it could be if you like to stay at a desk all day with a set goal.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

Chattem2018-04-30
  2. "Overall a Good Job"

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Chattem full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is better than a fast food or retail job. You will be properly taught each position and supervisors are great at making sure you understand your duties. You get to pick which schedule you want to work. It's a clean, safe environment very strict about following PPE rules. You get a 30 minute lunch and a 15 minute break later.

Cons

The conversations that happen regularly here are highly inappropriate and unprofessional. People are not respectful and often harass each other and gossip. If you are a temp, you aren't treated with the same respect as Chattem employees. Temps get sent home regularly when Chattem employees run out of work and want to take their places. Some supervisors would rather stand around and talk than help with the work and... actually supervise their employees. There is little notice when you have to work over, and there are a lot of days you will be sent home early because machines aren't working or you finished making the quota. There also isn't any storage availability to temps, so you have nowhere safe to keep important things like wallets and keys.

Advice to Management

Supervise the conversations that occur in this place. So many things are inappropriate and uncomfortable to hear. This is a place of work, not a bar. The misconduct in this place is absolutely unbelievable to me and needs to be addressed.

Chattem2017-11-14

Discover more reviews about Chattem.