Check 'n Go - STRESSFUL | Glassdoor

"STRESSFUL"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, ok hours, easy job.

Cons

The company is crazy! They have ridiculous expectations but does not provide us with the proper staff or working equipment to do so. Employees never last at least 3 months due to poor training or they learn whats really going on within the company. Everyday there is something new to add to our list of unrealistic goals. They expect for us to go crazy with marketing or getting people to pay us but the truth is we have NO control over it! No matter how many times we call if they do not intend to pay us they wont! And we can only market at so many places, then what? We get kicked out of places or threatened of we use flyers everywhere and having us stand out on the streets holding a sign does NOT improve our growth and it demeaning. So much to complain about I cant even go on!!!

Advice to Management

Treat your CSRs with respect and appreciation, we are the ones who hold up your store as we do all the work!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Check 'n Go

1. "Manager"

Pros

Flexible schedule, customers very loyal.

Cons

Constant pressure to perform with unrealistic goals.

Advice to Management

Try to understand what it's like in the field. Most DOD s have never managed a store and have no idea what it's like.

"Good pay, lots of responsibility and multi-tasking, overwhelming and pressured my management."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, and challenging. Increases self worth and the feeling of accomplishment. Helping customers through a bind, and building loyal customer relationships.

Cons

No coverage, can't take any time off, management has unrealistic metrics/ goals, and employees are quitting all the time; leaving their stores uncovered. Their leaving makes it harder for us to stay. Management always wants more from you, they milk you until your dry. Very stressful!

Advice to Management

Employees need more incentives to stay. Management needs to reduce stress levels and work load on individuals, and split it into groups. Employees need to know what is expected of them, and work as a team. Managers do not need to cover other stores, only the CSR's need to do so, since they are only allowed 19 hours a week. CSR's should only cover other stores when they are not needed in their home store. When a store is doing great in metrics, try not to discourage them by dogging them about the things they need to improve on. It's very hard to work effectively and get everything done that is supposed to get done in one day with all the other factors of the day. Internet dropping, technology devices breaking/not working, high customer base, training employees, other stores calling for help, management calling saying do this asap, etc. I have known district managers who have had to cover stores for lack of employees, and they can not finish their work; it's not easy. Some days the work can get done, other days it's a bit harder. We offer so many products, and are expected to do so much; one employee is doing what 3 should do. Yall are cutting costs by having 1 employee do multiple jobs. Don't expect us to not get stressed and overwhelmed. Give us a break please.