Check 'n Go - Be Careful, You've been warned | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Check 'n Go

"Be Careful, You've been warned"

Former Employee - District Director of Operations in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - District Director of Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For a field manager, the hours were a bonus. I've never worked a field manager job were you were done by 6 pm and off on weekends. This was not a company culture but just normal hours of operations. The only caveat to that was being fully staffed (which 90% of the company is not so expect to turn keys in your stores weekly)

Cons

Where do I begin. I have never in my professional career had as much anxiety with a job than this one. I received DAILY emails of screenshots of my on camera and phone calls to my cell asking what I was doing as I was being watched on camera. The Regional does not visit markets, but watches you from the comfort of your home on security cameras. When you call your Regional, they do not answer and rarely ever return a call. You integrity will be questioned weekly. If a field manager is terminated (several are termed weekly) the company deems it appropriate to send a company wide email announcing this. whatever the reason they will publicly announce it. Extremely degrading and I'm surprised it does not get then into more trouble. For the 1st time in my professional career, i quit a jib before having another lined up. It was that important to my own personal integrity to move on that quickly.

Advice to Management

Too many to list. My advice to potential candidates is to RUN!! I am embarrassed to have this company in my resume.

Other Employee Reviews for Check 'n Go

1. "Good experience for younger workers"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Merced, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Merced, CA

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time

Pros

Lots of help from other associates. Really good place to work Lots of work to be completed daily but if you follow the prescribed guidelines you should be successful.

Cons

Huge focus on growth. Requires a fair amount of time outside of the store

Advice to Management

Be more available when a manager need to talk. An open door policy does you no good if there is no one behind it.

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Frankfort, KY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Frankfort, KY

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sundays off, great benefits if your full time. Very competitive pay with a bonus structure that's great to really work for.

Cons

It's hard to control the debt. People choose whether they are going to go bad on the company or pay off. I think things would change if they took more action when people don't pay back.

Advice to Management

Give more appreciation out to the front line store managers and CSRs who are driving the results that you ask of.