Cheesecake Factory - Best large restaurant company to work as a server. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

"Best large restaurant company to work as a server."

Current Employee - Food Server in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Food Server in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong training program that really spends the time to help new servers learn the menu and the standards of service. Expectations for standards are well-defined, including language to use and steps of service. The company also creates a strong sense of community with company-wide communications, volunteer programs and opportunities to transfer or change position. The company is well-organized, has quality products, maintains strong marketing, and continues to grow.

Cons

I wish the benefits package for hourly staff was better, but those are losing ground in many companies, and that's all in a state of change, anyway.

Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

"Know your job and worth."

Former Employee - Food Server in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

From a server/trainer perspective: If you know all aspects of your job, e.g. better than a general description for food items, drinks, etc; do running sidework, run food and never have guest complaints or cash/credit card discrepancy--you will generally have great shifts.

Cons

Sometimes you need to be on a manager's short list to get proper credit/attention.

"Very busy,pays the bills but that's all really"

Current Employee - Server in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Server in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training is very thorough and emphasis is on quality and guest relations. In my particular store, the kitchen is very smooth and fast. Friendships can be developed with fellow staff that can become long lasting. The GM at my location is amazing and his good morale does flow downward when he's there.

Cons

Management favoritism is a big problem with my location as well as the others from what I've read. It seems that no matter how hard you work toward the "Cheesecake Mission" or how little you contribute, it doesn't make a difference. If you are on a mgr's good list and kiss a lot butt, you can pretty much get anything you want, and by all means don't make any waves - you'll end up a second rate number. The worst thing they did to us was take away our smoking privileges! The CCF became a multi-billion dollar company after 30 years with servers who smoked and when you walk by a fine dining restaurant and see that their employees can go out for a smoke and we can't it kinda makes you mad. After a busy 4 hours waiting on rude foreigners, a smoke would certainly be nice for the ones who have the habbit- instead you get a progressively more irritated server! Speaking of foreiners,, there is NO policy against auto-grats and we should be allowed to do it at locations that suffer the low or no tips from Europeans, Canadians and others who just don't wanna tip.....The company as a whole is aware of the problem yet refuses to do anything about it , to me that demonstrates they only care about their bank accounts and as long as the check total is paid.......One more thing......why for such a HUGE company am I having to pay $100 or more a month for health insurance ?

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism!! We are not in 4th grade folks!! If we were I'd be sure to bring an apple to work with me sometimes. Give back our smoking priviledges!!! If you are a smoker, it relieves stress when u have one in stressful situations. If you are not allowed, the stress only builds. If you're not a smoker then stop trying to regulate my rights as a smoker in not in California for Pete sake! I'm a big girl I can figure out a good time to slip one in without hurting anybody- we've done it for years that way. Don't forget us career servers when you're rolling out sections, just because I'm not one of your pets or not as cute and pretty as someone else, I've put in a LOT of my life to this company and would LOVE some real appreciation for it---- otherwise , what's the point? Right?