Cheesecake Factory - Decent job for college student, but difficult to have normal life within the constraints of the hours. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cheesecake Factory

"Decent job for college student, but difficult to have normal life within the constraints of the hours."

Current Employee - Server in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Server in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great reputation, good insurance benefits, potential for transferring and movement within company locations.

Cons

The typical grind of food service, values are great but inconsistently put together and enforced.

Advice to Management

Valuing your employees seems to be a priority of the company, but it is not clearly filtered down through lower level management.

Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

1. "Grill / Fry Line Cook"

Current Employee - Line Cook in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Food
    Experienced of Back House of Restaurant
    Learned Line Cooking Technique

Cons

Company expect more from you - they call it (TEAMWORK !!!)

Advice to Management

See potential talents for advancement
    Give Others to learned stationed instead waiting for "potential" employee to move on

2. "Overworked, unappreciated, and incompetent management"

Former Employee - Server in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tips were above average on Friday's and Saturdays; however, you had to be on the manager's good side to be scheduled for those days. The other servers were genuine, nice, and helpful people. If you needed a day off for whatever reason, it was easy to find a coworker willing to take the shift for you. The chef's are excellent and execute delicious food.

Cons

Being a male, the manager's (all men) were more drawn to women servers for obvious reasons and flirted with them non-stop. Because of their infatuation with the younger women servers, all the best sections and times to serve were scheduled for the women--leaving the men to the worst sections. Favoritism was also unprofessional with respect to how the manager's treated pretty women employee's in comparison to how they treated the others.

Advice to Management

Respect your servers, don't talk down to them, keep your tempers under control. Also keep in mind that some of us are going to school and when we tell you a month in advance that we have a final exam on a certain date, don't tell us 2 days before we must come to work or were fired.