Cheesecake Factory - Eh it was work. | Glassdoor

"Eh it was work."

Current Employee - Hostess
Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were nice, flexible schedule, and fast paced

Cons

I don't get very many hours, guests can be very rude(at least where I am) and the food(in my opinion) isn't the best.

Advice to Management

Don't cut back on your employees hours then hire three new people! It doesn't make any sense.

Other Employee Reviews for Cheesecake Factory

1. "Steady money and flexible schedule but very stressful!!!"

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule which is a huge reason I stayed there for as long as I did,aside from that it's very structured which works well for some people and since it's usually very busy you make steady money due to the amount of tables you have over a full shift but some locations like the one I worked at have huge tourist and foreigner clientele meaning you might have 16 tables in a shift with 4 leaving you 18% or more,8 tables leaving you a normal 15% and 4 tables leaving you 10% or less or possibly totally stiffing you,you just hope it's the $25 check stiffing you and not the $150 check.Many days you go home with 10% of your sales or sometimes way less after tipping out other staff members,I've seen servers go home with $25 on $500 in sales.Sidework is not bad at all.

Cons

Serving at a location with so many foreigners and tourists you have to have very thick skin and put the many bad tips behind you or you might freak out with your next table,serving there is not a job many people can handle.I saw many servers look like they wanted to punch someone after getting $3 on a $97 check and then somehow have to be pleasant with the next table knowing that that tip had nothing to do with their service as the majority of servers there do a very good job,but know they have to suffer because a table comes from a country where tipping is not customary and if you dare tell them anything you risk being fired.

Advice to Management

I think most of the management does a pretty good job but corporate should consider having automatic gratuity on locations with a lot of international clientele,it would probably lessen the huge turnover,they literally had to hire like 12-15 servers a month to just keep the number of servers needed.

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Senior Restaurant Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Restaurant Manager

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company. Corporate culture that is well established and effective. Development that is specific and self guided and advancement that is clearly laid out and attainable.

Cons

You will never work harder as a manager any where else. The level of commitment and effort required to be successful is intense but you do see a reward for hard work

Advice to Management

Pay internal highers more