Chef Software - Awesome -- Rule the Cloud | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chef Software

"Awesome -- Rule the Cloud"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chef Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great bennies for a company its size, agile teams, open to suggestions from line employees, up and coming in the startup world, I can talk to the CEO any day of the week (if he's not out meeting with a customer or something). Good place!

Cons

Can't think of any....sometimes, we're pretty busy, I guess. But generally, the supervisors get the whole work-life balance thing, and there's pretty good PTO, so it works out.

Other Employee Reviews for Chef Software

1. "Fast growth, amazing people & culture"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Chef Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people that work here are some of the best I've met in my professional career.
    - The culture is incredible.
    - The management is excellent, and I believe they have the best intentions for the company, the employees, and for the community. They went out of their way help me in my hiring process, and you don't see this happening in many companies.
    - There are a lot of opportunities for growth since the company is doing extremely well.

Cons

Just like any other rapidly growing business, it's work/life balance, but if you enjoy what you are doing, it doesn't feel like work.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture

2. "Great Grassroots Culture"

I have been working at Chef Software full-time

Pros

Very inclusive and friendly culture. Passion for the product felt across the organization. Great engineering talent works here. Appreciate work life balance.

Cons

Poor management communication and collaboration with staff. Panic to manage internal messages. This means that new business ideas get drowned out easily. Don't have a sense of building the company, just working in it.

Advice to Management

Be less defensive and reactive and listen to staff.

Chef Software Response

Nov 10, 2016 – CEO

Glad the culture is working for you, really disappointed to hear that your experiences with management are less than positive. If you are open to approaching me 1-on-1, I'd love to hear more. Blame... More