Chegg - Great workplace with some hiccups. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chegg

"Great workplace with some hiccups."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

-Work atmosphere is really laid back.
-Everyone has a smile on their face and most are friendly.
-There is always something to do.
-Proper motivation from upper management.
-A great break room/kitchen area.
-Always something new to do.

Cons

-The quiet way they fire/lay off people. People just disappear with no word on why they were let go. HR fires people through a telephone call most of the time instead of management. There are no written warnings of possibly being let go.
-Favoritism is shown among employees and management.

Other Employee Reviews for Chegg

1. "Great experience so far! Chegg seems to really care about their employees, and provides great incentives!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Working at Chegg has been great! Besides all the great food and other fantastic incentives the environment is very friendly and outgoing. It seems they really try to address all the problems employees might have and openly listen to suggestions about how to improve their operations. If you ask for more work opportunities, they will gladly figure out how to get you involved in extra projects that help you advance within the company.

Cons

No major complaints so far. Perhaps just re-structure the way office space is organized. It's odd that some of the management is located all the way on the other side of the building.

Advice to Management

I think the management has done a great job keeping everyone involved individually towards the benefit of the company as a whole. However, it'd be helpful to have more team meetings to better express the outline of the tasks to be performed.

2. "It has been a fast pace ride, but an overall great experience."

Current Employee - Notehall Team in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Notehall Team in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The Chegg people have all been pretty welcoming of the new Notehall team, they provide lunch and a nice atmosphere so you have a place to get up and walk around if you need a minute to gather yourself. You learn a lot and for the most part it is a positive attitude, the people are very nice and it is fast pace but they are very understanding of students schedules and they are very flexible so I can balance my school/personal life with work.
    They also rewarded those who do well and let us know that our efforts weren't going unnoticed.

Cons

I feel like the people who work for the newly acquired websites are kind of in a different world compared to the regular Chegg employees, we were hired for the semester but sometimes we feel kind of disposable at any moment if they don't need us anymore. It was rough because we are trying new things this semester so each week there seems to be a new focus compared to the week before so it can be inconsistent.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to know if we ever have a chance at advancing with the company or what other opportunities exist. They have been really nice though and supportive and seeing the CEO walking around all the time and make an effort to say hi is very nice so keep it up!