Chegg - On line tutor of Physics | Glassdoor

"On line tutor of Physics"

Current Freelancer - Online Tutor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Chegg for more than 3 years

Pros

Remote working, flexible hours, having experience with students resident all over the world, reasonable earnings per hour, well organized company

Cons

Low total income due to part time job and over saturated pool of tutors, time difference (7-10 h for me in Greece) .

Advice to Management

Chegg is a great company but I think that hiring new tutors make all of us struggling to have an income that could make Chegg a full time job.

Chegg2017-05-01

"Great"

Current Employee - Tutor

I have been working at Chegg part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, Good Pay, Diversity, International students, Great Opportunities

Cons

May not get enough hours

Chegg2019-09-05
  2. "Please Fix The Setup"

Current Freelancer - English Tutor

I have been working at Chegg for less than a year

Pros

I LOVE being able to work for Chegg from home, You get paid $20 per hour, and the pay you for every minute that you've helped a Student (5 minutes minimum). I enjoy my Students for the most part.

Cons

You sit and waste a whole day only to help ONE student! The other students play around trying to trick you into helping them in the chat instead of in the classroom. It is a HUGE waste of time.

Advice to Management

Please change the setup to where Students can book time slots, and the Tutors that are available can pick those students to help them during their time slots. This would stop us Tutors from having to wait all freakin' day to help someone. We shouldn't be try to hope a fish grabs our line. I wasted all of my day to help one student that only lasted all of 12 minutes and then they suddenly disappeared after I helped... them. It should be a MANDATORY 30 mins for the students to remain in the classroom. $4 in one day is BOGUS!!! Especially when you have to have a Bachelor's degree to get this job. These kids play around, go into the classroom and then they are suddenly gone! That gets under my skin SO bad!

Chegg2019-09-18

Discover more reviews about Chegg.