Chegg - Experience at chegg | Glassdoor

"Experience at chegg"

Pros

It is a very flexible company to work with, you can work from home and get paid!

Cons

They should increase their salary rate.

Other Employee Reviews for Chegg

1. "Opportunity is here to help shape the future of Chegg"

I have been working at Chegg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are super smart and really open to helping one another out. This is a very productive team and people work hard, but there is definitely a great team working together to accomplish our ambitious goals. Every person that joins the team has a real opportunity to help shape the future of Chegg.

By far, this is one of the best assembled executive leadership teams around.

The company is in an interesting stage, where there is a great foundation and business in place from the textbook business, but we're still in growth mode from building the digital business so it's fast paced, dynamic and exciting like a start up, but less risky than an earlier stage or smaller company.

Cons

There has been a ton of change these past couple years from acquisitions and organic growth which was challenging and there seemed to have been a lot of turnover in 2012. However, I think our leadership team is committed to the growth and success of the employees and I see effort being put in around programs to help employees feel motivated and rewarded. Hopefully retention isn't a big issue this year.

Even though we've been growing on the digital services side and building our technology services, we still aren't viewed as a technology or engineering company. There needs to be more brand recognition around everything we are doing - not only textbooks. Hopefully, that will help attract more engineering and technical talent to the team.

Advice to Management

Talk and listen to employees and understand where they want to go with their careers; help make that growth happen at Chegg. Also, build up the the engineering brand and culture to help attract top tech talent.

"Textbook Solutions Author"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Chegg as a contractor

Pros

Flexible schedule and enough time to finish a project

Cons

Lack in communication between employees