Chegg - Best Internship Ever!!! | Glassdoor

"Best Internship Ever!!!"

Current Intern - Intern in Santa Clara, CA
Current Intern - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Chegg as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Where to begin? Let's start at the beginning--I met a company rep (turned out to be the intern program manager) at a career fair. She was very approachable and knowledgeable about the company, the internship, and what I'd be doing that summer. I gave her my resume and left feeling good, but knew like most students, I'd never get a call back. I'm glad I was wrong, she called me back 1-2 weeks later, we had a phone interview, then a second with my future manager, and then was offered a PAID internship. I was so happy, but a little nervous at the idea of working all summer long. Good thing my team and my manager were so supportive and fun it didn't feel like working. The intern program manager met me on my first day, and we had a meeting with a bunch of other interns (phew! I wasn't the only intern!) and then she organized intern events all summer long. We went to SF, a Giants game, and the IT/Computer History museum, so awesome! But that wasn't all--we even got to meet each executive and they spoke to us about their college years, careers and even answered our questions. The awesome CEO even arranged MC Hammer and Ashton Kutcher to meet us. My internship final came near the end when I was asked to present what I did that summer...to the whole company!! I was so nervous. But my manager, some people on my team and the intern program manager coached me and we ran through practice sessions together. All and all an amazing summer :)

Cons

Hard to say, great culture, good perks (pay, gym, free lunch, lots of snacks, ping pong and other games) so I can't complain about any of that. I wasn't offered a full time job yet.........but there's still time!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Chegg

1. "Great place to work"

Pros

The people at Chegg were incredibly welcoming. They made my time here nothing but enjoyable. Time-off was very flexible.

Cons

There is always a lot going on at Chegg. This can be distracting at times.

"Great Ideas, poor execution"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Chegg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Low expectations of employees, free lunch, loose paid time off policy (only if your manager is nice), lots of schwag, free parking

Cons

Poor internal communication, no consistency, weak management, constantly shifting focus, wastes lots of money on schwag. The CEO is a good cheerleader, but 90% of what he promises is not delivered. He also has a foul mouth, drops F bombs and makes lewd jokes during company meetings. You will also never get promoted at Chegg, ever.

Advice to Management

Define a process on how to build products/features/ect.... Hold yourself accountable to that process, whatever it may be. Choose one thing, focus on doing it very well. Then and only then, expand to building the next thing. Trust your employees. Stop wasting stockholders money on schwag, seriously slow down on all that gabnage. Make your brand consistent across all your products.