Chegg - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Chegg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are very welcoming and friendly. They are very much aligned with the company's mission. The work is great and the benefits are pretty good. Well organized for a company which went public recently. They have continuos integration and follow standard coding practices.
The choices for the free lunch are pretty good as well and they save time and money. Work hours are decent and not as bad as some of the others might have mentioned. Other perks are free gym/classes, flexible vacation(unlimited as they call it), chegg chats(speaker series, they brought in jeff weiner, meg whitman recently). Overall a fun environment to work!!

Cons

I honestly do not have lot of cons up until now.

Other Employee Reviews for Chegg

"Best Internship Ever!!!"

Current Intern - Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Chegg as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Where to begin? Let's start at the beginning--I met a company rep (turned out to be the intern program manager) at a career fair. She was very approachable and knowledgeable about the company, the internship, and what I'd be doing that summer. I gave her my resume and left feeling good, but knew like most students, I'd never get a call back. I'm glad I was wrong, she called me back 1-2 weeks later, we had a phone interview, then a second with my future manager, and then was offered a PAID internship. I was so happy, but a little nervous at the idea of working all summer long. Good thing my team and my manager were so supportive and fun it didn't feel like working. The intern program manager met me on my first day, and we had a meeting with a bunch of other interns (phew! I wasn't the only intern!) and then she organized intern events all summer long. We went to SF, a Giants game, and the IT/Computer History museum, so awesome! But that wasn't all--we even got to meet each executive and they spoke to us about their college years, careers and even answered our questions. The awesome CEO even arranged MC Hammer and Ashton Kutcher to meet us. My internship final came near the end when I was asked to present what I did that summer...to the whole company!! I was so nervous. But my manager, some people on my team and the intern program manager coached me and we ran through practice sessions together. All and all an amazing summer :)

Cons

Hard to say, great culture, good perks (pay, gym, free lunch, lots of snacks, ping pong and other games) so I can't complain about any of that. I wasn't offered a full time job yet.........but there's still time!!!

2. "Great place to work"

Pros

The people at Chegg were incredibly welcoming. They made my time here nothing but enjoyable. Time-off was very flexible.

Cons

There is always a lot going on at Chegg. This can be distracting at times.