Chess4Life - Loss of Vision | Glassdoor

"Loss of Vision"

Former Employee - Chess Coach in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Chess4Life part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are fantastic. Coaches love to teach chess, and genuinely love working with children.

Cons

The company has begun to change its priorities from providing what's best for each individual child, and trying to be a cookie cutter answer for chess.

Advice to Management

Stick what made you successful, don't grow too fast.

Other Employee Reviews for Chess4Life

1. "A pleasant work experience"

Former Employee - Chess Coach in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Chess4Life part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is always looking to improve and never feels stagnant. The environment is fun and there are continuous opportunities for learning. As a part-time employee for the last five years, I found that hours were incredibly flexible. It was easy to increase or decrease my hours as needed. I was continuously impressed with the dedication and hard work of the employees and I enjoyed working with them.
    The company's vision and goals for the children are always present in everything that is done. The focus of developing the children's character is inspiring.
    The work environment is a safe place for making mistakes and learning from them. There is a lot of support from upper management.

Cons

There are so many children and so much to do it is often difficult not to work through breaks. This also makes it difficult to get some peace without leaving the building altogether.

Advice to Management

Keep developing the life skills curriculum. I believe that this part of the curriculum is the most beautiful aspect of this company.

2. "Teaching Life Skills Through Chess!"

I worked at Chess4Life full-time

Pros

This place truly seeks to better the students' lives by guiding them in developing their character through the game of chess. Wonderful, caring, and considerate management and team to work alongside.

Cons

Can be quite stressful at times with complexity of certain events. Evening and Saturday hours are difficult as well.