Chevron Federal Credit Union - A comfortable and stable place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chevron Federal Credit Union

"A comfortable and stable place to work"

Pros

The people are awesome and there is a similar culture of work/life balance to Chevron Corporation. The annual holiday party is super - and so are the motivational Team Spirit days.

Cons

Your opportunity for upward mobility is limited. Very frequently the right hand does not talk to left hand. People can be very territorial about their projects.

Advice to Management

Embrace change once in a while! "That's the way we've always done it" is not a good reason for anything.

Jul 9, 2014 – VP HR

Thanks! Your comments about "silos" are very valid, and we are trying to question all of our processes more instead of doing the old "because we've always done it that way" thing.... More

Other Employee Reviews for Chevron Federal Credit Union

1. "Not too big, not too small"

Current Employee - Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Chevron Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management and senior leadership team actually takes the time to get to know each new person. It is a non-profit which means that people are not just focused on making money and want to do good work. Good ethics and values. Nice size company - not so large that it's difficult to see the impact of your work but large enough that it has resources/benefits like many large organizations. Great culture.

Cons

Does not pay as well as other financial institutions because it is a non-profit.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Jun 29, 2017 – VP HR

We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying it here! You did an excellent job of capturing the CFCU experience.

2. "Professional But Fun Too!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Chevron Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love that CFCU is not a bank, so I can feel good about what I do. The credit union exist for one reason, to serve our members. We are big enough to have robust systems and products, but without the shady practices at some financial institutions. It still feels like a family here. The company puts on Team Spirit events and I love the meetings with the CEO where I get to speak my mind. I also feel like the company respects my life outside of work.

Cons

Having a specific field of membership (mainly Chevron employees) limits some opportunities.

Advice to Management

Expand the CEO meetings to include other senior managers.

May 31, 2017 – VP HR

I completely agree! And I will definitely convey your advice to the other members of senior management.