Chevron - Relaxed and stimulating place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

"Relaxed and stimulating place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Ramon, CA
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Stable, relaxed yet stimulating, the company cares about it employes safety and health and builds this into its procedures and enforces them. The 401K match is generous and so are the health benefits. it is a company where a lot of freedom is given and responsibility expected to set ones own schedule at the same time they expect a lot from me but those freedoms and compensations balance this out very well

Cons

It can take a long time to get things done and there is a fair amount of paper work to do. Also there is office politics where advancement is about who you know and fitting in is emphasized than I think it should be compared with performance.

Advice to Management

try to watch for social climbers and don't reward the squeeky wheels

Other Employee Reviews for Chevron

1. "Chevron"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Richmond, CA
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Richmond, CA

Pros

9/80 schdule - flex hours - pay & benefits - work & life balance

Cons

It's an oil company so you have to deal with some negative press and conversations. Pay is about the same when compared with the other big oils. ExxonMobil pays a bit more. Chevron requires most of the employees to be mobil. If you can't move, don't expect to promoted very fast

Advice to Management

Keep the share prices up

2. "I always said I would never work for a large corporation for many reasons, however Chevron has changed my mind."

Current Employee - Marketing Division in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Division in San Ramon, CA

Pros

The opportunities for career and personal development. If you are open to travel you have the opportunity to work anywhere in the world. Since I have been here for the past 4 years, my hard work has been recognized with promotions and better opportunities.

Cons

Unfortunately the good ole boy network, does exist at the most senior levels in management. However if you can demonstrate your value and contribution, you will be accepted.

Advice to Management

Look more to your employees for solutions on how to solve business issues and less on what is the current trend from the consultants