Chevron - Chevron is a great company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

"Chevron is a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lafayette, LA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lafayette, LA

Pros

The best reason to work for Chevron are that they pay way, great benefits and locations across the world to work. Supervisors are very understanding when you need to take time off or leave early/come late to work. I've never been questioned. There are many opportunities for growth and our bonuses/success sharing has always been great. I've definitely learned that working for Chevron is better than working at most other companies out there.

Cons

Many employees feel we should get a larger discount on gas and perhaps, when using our own debit/credit cards and not only when using a Chevron gas card. They are many, many processes and barrier to go through when trying to get things done. It can take a very, very long time to get something implemented.

Advice to Management

To listen to the suggestions and comments of the employees, especially during townhalls.

Other Employee Reviews for Chevron

1. "Chevron is a good company."

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros

It is a very big company with large amount of opportunities to advance and try new thing. Benefits are really good. The 401 K match is second to none. There is also pension. The atmosphere of tolerance is promoted. There is a great deal of work life balance. The amount of resources is vast. I really like the tools available to you for looking up different technical information, book travel and submit expenses. Most of Senior Management are very impressive and smart people, and they can be real role models.

Cons

I thing Chevron can improve on technical development of facilities engineers. In general company would benefit from accountability and team work between different departments. Some departments are overgrown. Some departments that are very critical are understaffed.

Advice to Management

To develop technical and project management skills of facilities engineers

2. "Chevron is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

Pros

Chevron is safety oriented; they put safety first for their employees. This benefits both the employee and the company. Every employee is empowered to stop any job if they see something unsafe.
    Another thing that impresses me is their Recognition and Award program; every employee is encouraged to recognize and award a peer for a job well done. Everyone really likes to receive these awards; people seem to try harder to do their best for everyone.
    Our department is really concerned about Work/Life balance. Within our department, most are on a 9/80 schedule which means we have every other Friday off. Most employees really look forward to that 3-day weekend. When I need time off, it is usually not a problem to get my supervisor's approval. They encourage people to stay home if the weather is hazardous or if you or a family member is sick.
    Chevron is a great place to work!

Cons

I have had a challenge to find a new career opportunity; I have been an admin for a number of years and am ready to try something different. Most jobs at Chevron require a specialized degree; my degree is in Business; I am sure I will find something; I just have to be diligent in my search.

Advice to Management

I think senior management is doing a great job; they keep us informed and I am impressed with their leadership.