Chevron - Great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Work/life balance and working environment. Chevron has a great safety culture which is so much engrained in its employees that after some time it just becomes second nature to do everything the right/safe way.
Very good company to work for.

Cons

As with any big company, very process oriented. Sometimes projects gets delayed because of all the processes it needs to follow.
You can get lost easily within the company, you have to be on your toes and build relationships with management to proceed further, not always, but most of the time.

Other Employee Reviews for Chevron

"Job satisfaction depends on the business unit you work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Chevron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

9/80 flexible schedule, one of the few companies still with a pension, strong procedural guidelines for a multitude of process

Cons

Procedural guidelines for every single process. Very hierarchical, I couldn't just email my VP with an idea. Very function oriented, a Finance person couldn't go and do sales mid-career and then do business development and back to Finance, so in that sense you're pigeon holed. Ironically, the company leaders flaunt their "diverse" company experiences.

Advice to Management

Let workers pursue other development tracts otherwise when all the baby boomers retire you'll be in for a world of hurt

2. "Great internship"

Pros

Great company culture. Projects were challenging but you receive plenty of guidance.

Cons

Because of the nature of my project I was in an office more than I was on the field