Chevron - Good Ol Boy network still exist. You rarely see Minorities in Management position | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

"Good Ol Boy network still exist. You rarely see Minorities in Management position"

Current Employee - Geologist in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Geologist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, 401k, health care, vacation. The company pays well. Here are the pay grade levels and pay scales. PSG-19 $65K to $85K, PSG-20 $83K to $98K, PSG-21 $97K to $108K, PSG-22 $107K to $124K, PSG-23 120k to 140K and PSG-24 $139k to $155k

Cons

Minorities find it difficult to get good performance reviews and promotions. Minorities are criticized for being too vocal. Rarely you find minorities in management positions. Most of them remain silent about it just to keep their jobs. Chevron is quick to fire a minority employee based simply on a complaint and no proof.

Advice to Management

Management need to hear the voice of the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Chevron

"Chevron MCBU = Tons of Problems"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Chevron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very hard to get hired - very hard to get fired.

Cons

The MidContinent Business Unit is a soap opera of incompetence being run by a 'thug' mentality in middle management - which is obviously endorsed by upper management. The 'Chevron Way' is mere hearsay, as is it widely known and spoken of, that they will tell you one thing, and do quite the reverse, all the while, blaming someone else for the 'change'. When salaried, they could care less about how many hours you are required to put in of your own time.

Advice to Management

Until someone in middle management is removed, the 'Alaskan Mafia' will continue to dismantle the MCBU. Obviously, some are shielded with some connections back to upper management.

2. "I had a great experience at Chevron. The co workers were great and I liked the managers a lot. I would refer this job."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mission Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mission Viejo, CA

I have been working at Chevron full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management and great co workers. The training was good. The pay gets better the longer you stay.

Cons

I was working graveyard shift so working at night was challenging.