Chick-fil-A - Loved working here | Glassdoor

"Loved working here"

Current Employee - Cashier in Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Cashier in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the environment is enjoyable and if you must work fast food it is one of the nicest. The company values its employees and provides a safe, clean, high-standard work environment. They are also great at working around class schedules if you are a student. After years of working here I can still eat here and not worry about how it was made. That is something few fast food places can boast.

Cons

No real downsides. In my location I was on a university campus and any real problems came from the company that ran the food court.

Advice to Management

Keep going, I'm proud to have worked for chick-fil-a, and many interviews since then has counted this work experience as being highly valuable (including a bank where I was hired with only chick-fil-a experience under my belt).

Other Employee Reviews for Chick-fil-A

1. "Fine place to work for high school students or trying to find a job out of college."

Current Employee - Drive-Thru/Team Member in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Drive-Thru/Team Member in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great place to work for high school students. You meet a lot of interesting customers and work with great people. Stay busy, so the time usually goes quicker. I enjoy the aspect of teamwork because it would be difficult not to get very overwhelmed very quickly. It is a pretty easy job, but with a lot of responsibility.

Cons

It is super frustrating a lot of the time because customers always tend to get angry over little things. We are always out of things like sauces, salsa, etc. Customers don't tend to like that, but who can blame them. The management is good for the most part. The owners don't seem to care about some things in the store like ordering things. It is hard to believe that they actually know all the aspects of working at CFA. That is very frustrating. Also if you are over the age of 23, you probably don't want to work there because you are incredibly out numbered with high school students.

"Good company...Bad operators"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Relatively good employee relations, built on good principles, Sundays off

Cons

Consistent low pay, no growth for managers, corporate blind and/or to operator activity, zero benifits

Advice to Management

Keep a better eye on your operators.. Many of them will be the ruin of the company