Chick-fil-A - Great first job or if you need a "job" in this terrible economy. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chick-fil-A

"Great first job or if you need a "job" in this terrible economy."

Former Employee - Team Member in Lufkin, TX
Former Employee - Team Member in Lufkin, TX

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Free meals depending on what store you work at. (Certain items were explicitly off limits, but the fact that I got free meals when I worked offset that minor detail).

-Consistent workweek. If hired full time, you usually got 40 hours; occasionally more depending on your General Manager.

-Pay was "decent" for food service.

-The owner and most of the management "genuinely" cared about their employees, which is a rare thing to see in any line of work.

-I've been able to "return" to work when home from "college breaks" back during my days while I was attending college in Louisiana.

-A big positive mark is when I had an "emergency" relocation from New Orleans to Lufkin due to the economy was that my prior history with management allowed me another oppourtunity to work here once again (it was my 7th time in all), even though they knew I would eventually move onto bigger and better things. This ALONE says a lot about who my owner/management are in their "personal lives" as well as their "professional lives."

Cons

-General Manager could get onto everyone if any one person was off task on something. However, with 11 years of history (off/on) with this specific location along with experience elsewhere in different parts of the country; you learn to be pretty thick skinned and not let it bother you.

-Early workdays, but if you are available "full time," realizing that the stores open from 6-6:30am comes with the territory. Often if you had to unload a truck shipment, you'd be waking up between 5-5:30 am.

Other than these 2 things (which aren't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things), there isn't a lot of "negative" to say about the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Chick-fil-A

1. "Unit Marketing Directors beware."

Former Employee - Unit Marketing Director in Saint Peters, MO
    Former Employee - Unit Marketing Director in Saint Peters, MO

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a Unit Marketing Director you get to make great contacts in the community.

Cons

The 12.00 per hour is sub par pay for the job requirements.
    In the St. Louis Market, the owner/operators are in discord with each other which makes it very difficult to do the job.
    There are no benefits such as vacation pay or sick days, not offered not earned. These benefits are not put into place by corporate office, and are up to the owner/operator.

2. "A good way to make part-time money."

Current Employee - Team Member in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people
    Good food
    Customers enjoy it
    Customers appreciate second-mile service

Cons

Low pay
    Hard work
    Fast-paced
    Can result in burns

Advice to Management

I think there should be more opportunity to advance and be rewarded for good work.
    I do enjoy the flexibility of scheduling available.