Chick-fil-A - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, easy work, great environment, they have a great program for training. I would say if you can get in to a store right when it opens that is the best. If you are not lucky enough to do that then make sure the one you are going to work at has a trainer that is dedicated to training all new employees. There is a lot more to Chick-Fil- A then most fast food

Cons

Typical fast food job late nights early mornings every stir is owned by different people so there are some differences from store to store.

Advice to Management

Nothing

Other Employee Reviews for Chick-fil-A

1. "Only good for a short term job, after 6 months it is time to split"

Former Employee - Team Member in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Brandon, FL

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is definitely a wonderful first job or temporary job. Simple enough work and you learn a variety of skills. One of the better fast food restaurants for sure. Made some great friends among my coworkers.Hours and pay depend on management and its a good company to have on your resume, particularly if you are interested in the Hospitality field.
    Best part hands down was free food everyday.

Cons

Since all locations are franchises, things vary wildly from one store to another. At my particular store, management was impossible to deal with. They played favorites and oftentimes couldn't or wouldn't be bothered to help out. Any dissent from the employees would go in one ear and out the other. My location had employees working outside in the drive through during peak times, which got hot and uncomfortable fast.
    If you don't like customers, this is NOT the job for you. It's CFA policy to go above and beyond for every single customer, and while I agree with that mentality, an overwhelming number of customers were rude and occasionally outright mean. It's just a chicken sandwich, it is not that serious.

Advice to Management

If you focused half as much on treating the employees like human beings as you did on serving the customer, people would be happier and work harder. Substandard pay for the work expected. Have a more open communication system in house-employees concerns were not often listened to. Although this does vary by store management.

2. "Good place to work in high school and college"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly people, off every Sunday.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, food industry.