Chick-fil-A - great | Glassdoor
  1. "great"

Current Employee - Cashier in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time for less than a year

Pros

free food after working 5 + hours consecutively

Cons

just a temporary job, not for long term career

Chick-fil-A2019-11-18
  1. "Top values"

Former Employee - Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture molded by corporate

Cons

Lean workforce strategy creates a stressful environment

Advice to Management

Continuous improvement necessary to stay on top in QSR

Chick-fil-A2019-12-30
  2. "If you're willing to work really hard, you'll experience personal growth and move up"

Current Employee - Team Member in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has very respectable values. During my time, they made me learn their values, such as Family First, Serve, Always Give Your Best, Growth, and Stewardship. They hold you accountable to knowing and demonstrating each of these values before promoting you. This makes for a great team of people that care about each other and the company. Pay is above average for this nature of work Chick-fil-A, as a business, is much less about making money than it is about making every guest feel cared for and being intentional about the personal and professional growth of it's employees. They care about you, which is hard to find.

Cons

You've won't find many jobs that are as fast-paced, busy, and sometimes just chaotic. Thursdays-Saturdays, you'll spend hours literally running around the store. Sometimes, if you're taking orders too slow or not keeping up with the pace, you'll be stressed because leaders will constantly be nagging you. It's trial by fire, because as a new team member this job is hard. Some days it feels like 8 hours straight of feeling anxious trying to get food out to every guest in under 5 minutes total. Be prepared, it's a great job, but you will be pushed hard. One other note, I feel like with how popular Chick-fil-A has become, and the demand to keep up with more and more guests has increased, it's become less about making guests feel like you care and become more about efficiency and productivity. I'm not saying it's lost, but the store I work at has just been so focused on things like repeating orders back really fast, handing out food without even slowing down to acknowledge the guests, and only praising it's employees when they've served a lot of people in a short period of time. This has diminished the importance of guest connection, heartfelt hospitality, and an overall family feel.

Advice to Management

We need more diversity of personalities on leadership. Our team has PLENTY of leaders who are strong in management skills, making money, and being organized and efficient. We LACK leaders who are more interpersonal, guest focused, and emotionally sensitive.

Chick-fil-A2020-01-27

Discover more reviews about Chick-fil-A.