Chick-fil-A - Chick-fil-a | Glassdoor

"Chick-fil-a"

Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Management and work atmosphere

Cons

I had no cons at all

Advice to Management

continue to encourage staff with incentives

Other Employee Reviews for Chick-fil-A

1. "Hard to find a better high school job"

Former Employee - Cashier in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier in Littleton, CO

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Made a lot of friends there because chick fil a hired good people.
    The employee discount was incredible.
    They were flexible with my school schedule.
    The job is very simple.

Cons

The pay is quite poor. In three years time I only made 8.50 which was barely over minimum wage.
    I was offered an opportunity to advance but that offer was quickly rescinded for an arbitrary reason.
    The owner/operator was incredibly disconnected from what was going on. He didn't even know all the employees names. He hired these people not knowing their name is unacceptable.
    Fast food is not a satisfying environment to work in. It was hot and there were a lot of long days.
    Nepotism was rife.

Advice to Management

Hiring and promoting your family members is not a solid business practice. Just because they have the same last name as you does not qualify them to be management. Also the pay is garbage for what you expect employees to do.

"For hourly/part-time, as good as it gets"

Current Employee - Team Member in Gainesville, VA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Gainesville, VA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As far as part-time jobs go it's one of the best. I worked here all through high school and on college breaks.

Employee benefits vary by location, but at the store I worked for it was one free meal per shift -- regardless of whether or not you got a break. We also got half off everything, even if we didn't work that day. The owner didn't have to do this, but he did. A good example of the great people at CFA.

Company promotes from within as far as I can tell. Every manager I had worked at a location before. I agreed with all the internal promotions -- it was clearly the best people getting recognized.

Cons

You can't really earn enough to work here full-time unless you're a manager. I only received one raise in my 3+ years. I didn't mind because I was going to school the whole time, but I can see how that would get annoying if I wasn't.

At least at my location, there were a few more managers than strictly necessary. However, they would generally work the same tasks they gave you, so it wasn't too bad.