Chick-fil-A - Great Company. Great People. | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "It's a great place to develop customer service skills" (in 287 reviews)

• "Free food if you work for more that 5 hours" (in 263 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes it can be super fast paced during certain hours and events" (in 133 reviews)

• "Working night and weekends and long hours" (in 123 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great Company. Great People."

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Marketing Director in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Good leadership. Company makes decisions based on good principles.

Cons

Low pay. Not a very high ceiling in regards to advancement unless you become an owner.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Worst work experience of my life!"

Former Employee - Team Member in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Augusta, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made some good friends (other employees)

Cons

21 minute breaks or none at all
    Managers that were allowed to flirt, tickle, and kiss each other
    Getting time off is VERY hard
    You know right away if management doesn't like you
    Keep people on when they do not do any work
    Management argues with the customers

Advice to Management

My former boss loved to encourage communication with customers in the drive-thru, even if they didn't want to talk to us. Well one time he opened the drive-thru window and knocked on the customer's window, when she opened it he said "if I was the customer behind you; I would get out of my car, grab your cell phone and throw it. We like to encourage our employees to talk to the customers..."
    He would harass us into suggestive selling, and no I don't mean one item (like a milkshake), he meant for us to ask "would you like, cheese, lettuce, tomato, a cookie, milkshake, salad, etc" And I did that once because he was standing right beside my register (because he didn't trust me) and the customer said "if you don't let me pay now, I will never come back to this restaurant" And then I got blamed for that customer's comment.
    Some of the girls were constantly chewed out enough that they started to cry.
    Others were not fired. Even though they would just sit down on the ground during their shifts. And talked rudely to other employees and to customers as well.
    Some days we would only receive 21 minute breaks, while other days (even when we worked 10 hour shifts) we would not receive a break at all! And then told (after our shift is done) that we could have break food as long as we did not leave the break room with it.
    After never asking for a day off, never missing a day, and never being late for a shift, I asked for 2 weeks off to visit family. After following procedure (requesting the time off through email) and then following up in person, I was put on the schedule. I had already bought the plane tickets! I had been told by a few of the managers I would have the time off! Well when I confronted the owner about it he told me "I didn't follow procedure, it was stupid of me to buy the tickets without confirming the time off, it was my fault, and that I needed to work anyways" I told him that I would have worked my last two shifts before I left, but now I'm not coming back to work (had a shift the next day). He didn't even tell any of the employees I had quit...
    Oh and last thing, he did something illegal, he asked me about my religion during my interview (but needing a job, I couldn't turn it down).

"Company provides a lot of benefits but narrow minded when it comes to progress"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits - healthcare, gym, free lunch, childcare
    Nice working environment
    Mostly nice people
    High pay

Cons

The nice people can be fake nice and talk behind your back. They are extremely nosey about your personal life.
    Narrow minded about diversity -- racial, gender, and anyone else who is not a southern white person.
    Still insists on corporate dress - ties and suits.
    Very slow to move -- consensus driven and therefore no one wants to make decisions. This means projects end up taking forever.
    Very hard to move within the company. If you like what you are doing and don't want to change it is great, but if you want opportunities to move you will be stuck.
    If you don't want to pray at the beginning of meetings. this is not the right company for you.

Advice to Management

Diversify before there is a lawsuit. Keep your backwards opinions to yourself. Hire more young minded people. Empower people to make decisions without asking 20 other people. Stop being afraid of change.

Discover more reviews about Chick-fil-A.