Chico's FAS - Ok. Lots of pressure to sell, hard to establish a customer base, store layout changes constantly. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

"Ok. Lots of pressure to sell, hard to establish a customer base, store layout changes constantly."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Springfield, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pleasant-looking, safe work environment, good hours. However, the layout of the store changes every few days so it's hard to get a handle on where things are, especially if you only work part-time.

Cons

It's difficult to establish your own customer base if you're new and all repeat customers have been "claimed." The recordkeeping/payroll/cash register/training computer software was very glitchy and outdated. Must clean the store if you're on the closing shift.

Advice to Management

Stop changing the store layout every couple of days!!!!!!!Upgrade your software/cash register so it's more intuitive and more reliable. Hire a company to do the vacuuming, dusting, garbage, etc rather than making nicely dressed employees do it.

Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS

1. "Overall I enjoyed working there. I would have moved on much sooner had I not had such a good team to work with."

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

Great pay (hourly rate + commission) the harder you work, the more you get
    Good hours
    Fairly flexible

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from corporate
    Can be a hostile work environment due to competitive nature

Advice to Management

I absolutely loved my direct manager. It was the upper levels in the company that I had an issue with.

"Busy, and can potentially make you good money."

Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Napa, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Napa, CA

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clothes and accessories are cute. Hourly rate of pay PLUS commission which is hard to find nowadays.

Cons

Expectations for sales and clienteling is a little ridiculous. They don't care about HOW much you sell if you aren't reaching your BPH which is Bonus per Hour. You don't make a dollar in commission unless your sale is over $150. A $300 sale will get you 5 bucks. For someone working 25 hours you MUST make at least 75 dollars in COMMISSION sales a week divide that by your 25 hours worked and you get a $3 BPH which is expected or you will be fired. Sales would be a lot easier if there wasn't a promo everyday knocking off a huge amount. Good for the customer, bad for you. Calling campaigns (cold calling) is expected and required. Your clients get MAD about the constant calls.

Advice to Management

There isn't enough staff on at once to expect the customers to get the "chicos experience". Staff has too much to do at once. Write thank you notes, sell, tasks, go backs etc. you are expected to write notes on your 10 min break? Um, that's against the law.