Chico's FAS - Overall I enjoyed working there. I would have moved on much sooner had I not had such a good team to work with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

"Overall I enjoyed working there. I would have moved on much sooner had I not had such a good team to work with."

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

Great pay (hourly rate + commission) the harder you work, the more you get
Good hours
Fairly flexible

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from corporate
Can be a hostile work environment due to competitive nature

Advice to Management

I absolutely loved my direct manager. It was the upper levels in the company that I had an issue with.

Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS

"Busy, and can potentially make you good money."

Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Napa, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Napa, CA

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clothes and accessories are cute. Hourly rate of pay PLUS commission which is hard to find nowadays.

Cons

Expectations for sales and clienteling is a little ridiculous. They don't care about HOW much you sell if you aren't reaching your BPH which is Bonus per Hour. You don't make a dollar in commission unless your sale is over $150. A $300 sale will get you 5 bucks. For someone working 25 hours you MUST make at least 75 dollars in COMMISSION sales a week divide that by your 25 hours worked and you get a $3 BPH which is expected or you will be fired. Sales would be a lot easier if there wasn't a promo everyday knocking off a huge amount. Good for the customer, bad for you. Calling campaigns (cold calling) is expected and required. Your clients get MAD about the constant calls.

Advice to Management

There isn't enough staff on at once to expect the customers to get the "chicos experience". Staff has too much to do at once. Write thank you notes, sell, tasks, go backs etc. you are expected to write notes on your 10 min break? Um, that's against the law.

"Rewards with Bittersweet difficulties"

Pros

This is a great job for a go getter who loves fashion and people. You get to know your customers on a personal level and have fun while making a bonus over and above your wage. The company discount is decent and there are lots of contests and perks. If you have great team, your set.

Cons

The micromanaging from corporate level is astonishing. The constant changes makes one feel uneasy about those who guide the comapany's path. Ethical oversight is difficult to navigate as bonuses make people greedy and thieving. There is no oversight regarding this and people can be mean to eachother and people can get taken advantage of. Catty environment. Unless one is persistent, complaints go unanswered.

Advice to Management

Trust your people more and reward more, ridicule less. Listen to complaints regarding behavior and ethics. Stop micromanaging....This was once a fun company to work for and it isn't anymore ! Be more consistent with promotions. Too many mistakes! And MAKE BETTER PRODUCT!