Chico's FAS - Need to look for Real District Managers who know how to lead | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

"Need to look for Real District Managers who know how to lead"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The customers are fun even if you don't say the script given by Chico's, they want to be talked to like you are a human. If you have a great team which is built by the store manager it all falls into place.

Cons

District managers cause chaos in the stores. They do not know how to be in that position, they are negative and bring the store down when they come. No one is good enough for them and they do not project a good image for the company. Is that the way to do business?

Advice to Management

Training of District management is overdue. The position should be a positive experience for the store manager and staff. I actually had one DM manhandle me on the sales floor, they don't know how to sell, always yelling out for someone to help them. The one I am referring to has been with the company a long time and is so bad at the job and I hear is getting worse. Check out the PNW Chico's, you have a problem there.

Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS

1. "It was the best job I ever had."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My District Sales Manger support was awesome.

Cons

When they opened a new store twenty minutes from mine it took them a year to adjust my monthly projections making it difficult to reach sales projections.

Advice to Management

Do not friend those who work with you. It will be difficult to reprimand them when they take advantage of your friendship. No socializing. Be nice and contribute to events, just don't go yourself.

"Please treat your employees better"

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The discount is great and all the customers are great !

Cons

The management really only the store management and district manager are very rude!
    I wonder if Chicos has classes or training for the managers so that they would learn how to treat people or maybe just have some respect of others

Advice to Management

Courses in how to motivate sales people without making them feel like you do not wan them there or that they are stupid. Positive attitude will help employees feel welcome. Also would help them sell more. Great cloths but your managers surely are not !