Chico's FAS - Horrible place to work, very unprofessional, pushy, rude and selfish company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

"Horrible place to work, very unprofessional, pushy, rude and selfish company."

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Bozeman, MT
Current Employee - Sales Lead in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the customers and the clothes.

Cons

Horrible management, very stressfully pushy commissioned sales environment, unskilled store manager, pay is poor and whole attitude of upper management is terrible. I work at a competitor now with two other X Chico's employees and am much happier!

Advice to Management

Your commission based so called the "customer is everything" system sucks! My manger would literally steal sales from me right on the sales floor right in front of customers and cause animosity and fights on the sales floor. I have been in retail my entire life and have never worked in such a horrible environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS

1. "Enjoyed working here part-time."

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Grandville, MI
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Grandville, MI

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed all of the training I got, my manager spent a lot of time developing my skills and really pushed me to grow. Enjoyed the different management styles and was always busy with new tasks - selling, stocking, calling customers, etc. I liked working part-time, the job had a lot of flexibility while I was still in school.

Cons

Working with all women could get catty, so there was the occasional issue there. There could be a lot of pressure from certain managers to sell regardless of if the person needed it/wanted it/could afford it.

"ChicTo'sLCCorporate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to work if nothing else is available.

Cons

Petty, underqualified store management, cliquish, unfair distribution of work and hours. Too much micro management in the form of time-consuming reports that do little to promote sales. Very gimmick-ie sales games. Over-priced merchandise, little manufactured in the U.S. Out-dated point of sale computers and programs.

Advice to Management

Sell more American made merchandise. Trust what you sell to be the draw for your customers, not the ridiculous "sales events" which fool no-one.