Chico's FAS - Loved it ,till we got a horrible district Manager | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

"Loved it ,till we got a horrible district Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Queenstown, MD
Former Employee - Store Manager in Queenstown, MD

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

loved the clothes and Jewerly

Cons

District Manager didn't know how to treat people ,the entire staff left.

Advice to Management

Interview your District Managers better, A degree doesn't mean anything if they don't know how to treat people.

Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS

1. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time

Pros

Great benefits, values and growth opportunities.

Cons

Work / Life Balance can be challenging.

2. "Store Design and Construction Soma Intimates Design Intern"

Former Intern - Store Design and Construction Intern in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Intern - Store Design and Construction Intern in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Chico's FAS was an extraordinary company to work for. They are not your average corporate office setting and provide a truly supportive and collaborative atmosphere that stresses the value that you bring to the team as an individual. My time working with the Store Design and Construction team I was able to get hands on experience as an intern and was exposed to more than just working in CAD. I participated in site visits, worked with high profile executives on projects, and found a working solution to incorporate new furniture fixtures for Soma, that upheld ADA Code Standards for new and existing stores.
    My time there I felt valued and that I had a voice, even as an intern.

They have the mentality that their product and the success of their company is only as good as the happiness of their employees. The embody the work-life-play balance and encourage their employees to take advantage of some of the resources on campus. Such as a state of the art gym, which is open all day and offers classes in the morning before work, during lunch breaks and for a couple of hours after work. They have three separate dining cafes on campus with excellent food equipped with nutritious options as well as your not-so-typical burger and fries. They have a company store on campus that houses overstock items and is sold to employees only at an extremely discounted price. All of these things contributed to the overall experience of working at Chicos FAS.

Cons

I did find that we had a lot of meetings throughout the day. Although I do find meetings important, I felt that they were a bit excessive and would interrupt the process of work flow. Sometimes it felt like we needed to have a meeting, to decided on when to have a meeting.

Additionally, Chico's FAS is fairly new in the corporate world as a company and the Store Design and Construction team is still trying to decide on a system to most efficiently organize and store data within the system on the computer. I felt it was confusing because different people had different ways of organizing and storing so it consistently changed depending on who you were working with and that was hard to keep up with. This was inefficient due to how collaborative the work is and became difficult to access and find the information you were searching for if you had not created it.