Chico's FAS - Poor management makes for a stressful work environmentD | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

"Poor management makes for a stressful work environmentD"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount on clothes, one-on-one sales and customer service

Cons

Low salary for industry, sales goals given by corporate are too high for consistent success, individual rather than team sales are encouraged causing rifts within employee ranks

Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS

"Great coworkers but too much stress!"

Pros

A fantastic team of coworkers with many different life experiences. Opportunity to learn different tasks and strengthen your skills.

Cons

Too much pressure on every aspect of the business. Where do you even begin? Performance is based on bonus per hour which is derived from bonuses earned per transactions. Organization has pushed customers to coupon and negotiate for everything so what should be a nice thing (50% off the highest price item for example) has customers demanding as many as six different transactions to get the best possible price. Thus, no bonus for sales person and it reflects badly on your bonus per hour. There is no link between what is actually being asked of the sales staff (high sales) and what marketing programs the HQ is concocting. And the customer can get anything from HQ - they can even return clothes that have been hemmed.

Advice to Management

You have a great staff and a loyal customer base but something has to give on the expectation that performance is tied to bonus per hour. Either eliminate that aspect or eliminate so many sales.

"diversity is a joke"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nicely maintained premises and a great gym with inhouse clinic free for employees

Cons

everything else. Sixteen people were selected from various backgrounds for various roles as part of the EMT program. The schedule was simple. Understand what the company does, how does it do it, whats our role and how well can we contribute moving forward. As part of this we had a quality management session. It was going to be a senior quality manager who would take our session. He was a well traveled and learned man working for SOMA. His basic job was to inspect the quality of the finished product before it hits the stores. He started the session and looked like a jovial but stern man with principles. As the session went on, he started to describe one particular product that became a failure. there was nothing wrong with the garment. but the dying on the garments was not uniform . He started to explain this to us. It was done in India and was a handicraft work. Meaning the dying process was done by humans and not machines. While explaining this, he also talked about India in general . And on one such statement he told how he was greeted in India by holding their palms together and bend down in respect. He never understood what it meant and was mocking the culture and did a sarcastic dance for Namaste. I played along and laughed. But was also sending an email to the HR describing his attitude towards a foreign culture and it was not appropriate. He was then called into the HR room and later asked my forgiveness. Its not me who has to forgive. Its the basic etiquette with he lacked being at such high position. This was truly a display of discrimination against culture and would imply religion.

Advice to Management

revamp your freaking policies.