Chico's FAS - It was okay. The boss was not as nice as I thought she was supposed to be. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

"It was okay. The boss was not as nice as I thought she was supposed to be."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Greenville, SC

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great clothes, and great experience.

Cons

For my position, you have to be really flexible and work with other people's schedules.

Advice to Management

Managers to be more understanding of employee's skills and use those skills to help better the sales and appearance of store.

Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS

"The absolute worst retail experience that I've ever had since being in retail since the 1980's!"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chico's has beautiful clothing and jewelry! The store is beautiful, and the location of this store is upscale and safe.

Cons

The absolute worst management staff that I have ever worked with before! That's making a huge statement, after I've worked in fashion retail sales since 1985! The management staff is unfriendly and snobby! They stereotype customers! They can be very rude & judgemental to customers, and employees. The management staff does not lead by example! They are very unwelcoming to new employees! This was the first time ever, that I quit a job so quickly! Horrible experience!

Advice to Management

Clean house in that store! Teach the management to show, kindness, and respect to coworkers and every single customer! Stop the snob mentality! It's making Chico's look bad!

"Opportunities, if you make them happen"

Current Employee - Planning Director in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Planning Director in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity if you step up and make yourself known. Depending on area and management team, you can drive your business without too much interference and micromanagement.

Cons

Tend to hold on to people that aren't a good fit instead of admitting the bad decision to hire them. Senior management is not always visible and seems standoff-ish. Compensation favors new talent instead of loyalty. Huge focus on employees with children; special benefits and increased flexibility in scheduling.

Advice to Management

Be seen by employees; sitting in a walled off area is off putting. Review benefits and policies for more equity, not everyone has a child.