Childcare Network - Made me hate my job :/ | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Childcare Network

"Made me hate my job :/"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Arlington, TX
Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Arlington, TX

I worked at Childcare Network part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

weekends off... sometimes, was able to work with children on a daily basis, easy clock in procedure

Cons

no flexibility, poor management, only 15 minutes to clean and close at the end of the night, existing employees wouldnt speak to new workers, no communication, screaming and yelling often, child to teacher ratio very high, i had 20 kids by myself, low pay, babies always crying, staff in trouble for things they were never notified of.

Advice to Management

communicate with staff without yelling, provide tour of facility at time of interview or hire

Other Employee Reviews for Childcare Network

1. "Great company, Horrible Upper Management"

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Childcare Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is very big on promoting within. If your performance is up or above standard it is very easy to advance within the company. Training is provided to ensure that you are providing quality education to the children. For the most part, achievements are acknowledged and rewarded.

Cons

Long term employees are allowed to get away with murder. DMs who don't provide the necessary support to their subordinates is in turn supported in shifting blame to their subordinates. Corporate does not listen to the anyone below the District Manager level when it comes to improving schools or employment issues. Work you like a dog and then fire you without any remorse.

Advice to Management

Tenure should not equal ability to manage.

2. "Quick burnout and lack of support from management."

Former Employee - Teacher in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Childcare Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you enjoy working with children, you get to work with children and teach a good curriculum, some paid holidays.

Cons

Low wages, very little vacation or sick time, lousy benefits, difficult and often unpredictable schedules, lack of support from management, disrespectful management, lack of promotion possibilities, no respect for family/life balance, they hire people who don't actually like kids and the work is just a job to them, which drags down the good teachers.

Advice to Management

Treat your teachers like professionals and not just bodies filling a position. Respect your employees' home lives and don't throw a fit when they ask for a day off.