Childcare Network - Management want employees to come to work sick, exposing the children | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Childcare Network

"Management want employees to come to work sick, exposing the children"

Former Employee - Teacher in Conyers, GA
Former Employee - Teacher in Conyers, GA

I worked at Childcare Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired the next week after my credentials checked out

Cons

I was not allowed to call in sick or I would loose my job. I was on 90 day probation and was threatened that I would be fired if I called in sick. So I went to work sick, made a mistake and was discharged. Either way I would have been fired for calling in sick. Management wants employees to come in to work around children, even if they have cough, fever, congestion and diarrhea

Advice to Management

Management needs to allow employees to call off if they are sick. Children and parents should not be exposed to staff that are sick and contagious. Management said she has never called off even when she had diarrhea in her car, but she didn't care about the children because she knew she was sick and exposed herself to the children. That is not good managment

Other Employee Reviews for Childcare Network

1. "Growing company that is now the 4th largest child care company in the nation."

Current Employee - Management in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Management in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company with a focus on the care and education of children from infants to school age children. Each location has the opportunity to impact many children who would not typically have access to a quality preschool environment. Many of the staff have been with the company for many years.

Cons

Quality of each program comes back to the managment and staff at each facility. There are many fantastic schools out there with extremely dedicated staff.

"Made me hate my job :/"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Arlington, TX

I worked at Childcare Network part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

weekends off... sometimes, was able to work with children on a daily basis, easy clock in procedure

Cons

no flexibility, poor management, only 15 minutes to clean and close at the end of the night, existing employees wouldnt speak to new workers, no communication, screaming and yelling often, child to teacher ratio very high, i had 20 kids by myself, low pay, babies always crying, staff in trouble for things they were never notified of.

Advice to Management

communicate with staff without yelling, provide tour of facility at time of interview or hire