Children's Health - Best place I've ever worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Health

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anesthesia Tech in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anesthesia Tech in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Children's Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the salary is more than what I expected to be paid, considering I had no previous experience

Cons

the drive back and forth from home

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Children's Health

"Great employees but management level needs lots of improvement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Children's Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO plan is attractive, employees in some groups work well together and hospital mission of "Making Life Better for Children" motivates you to go to work everyday.

Cons

Management is disconnected to department in some areas and don't really work as a cohesive group.

"Worst place I've ever worked. CEO taking the organization down."

I have been working at Children's Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The children, nurses and most of the clinicians are incredible and are truly there for the mission. The children make it all worth. Walking the halls makes you feel the mission in action.

Cons

I've never worked under such a disengaged leadership in my life. So much incredible talent led by the most clueless group of leaders I've seen in my 20+ career. Executive leadership is disconnected from the culture of the hospital. They once held town halls where they all stood around like a middle school clique, ignoring the employees. The need for a good culture is sickeningly transparent. They have no clue they are the biggest joke among employees at Children's.

No mistakes allowed here. You can do 100 wonderful things, but one bad thing will get you dinged.They love to play Gotcha! This is the culture at the corporate level at Children's.

Let's talk about the CEO. He does not do well with children (difficult at a Children's hospital) and is very self-serving. Many of his direct reports can attest to his wildly inappropriate, sporadic behavior. Under his leadership, incredible employees have been fired at will or gotten out while they still can. Then he blames his executive leadership team for no one liking him. The Board is letting poor leadership run a great hospital into the ground.

Also, you are not to call the CEO of the hospital by his first name or email him if you are below a VP position. He has threatened to fire people because of it.

Advice to Management

The Board needs to take a hard look at the turnover at the hospital and really look into the results of the multiple employee surveys Chris demands. Things need to change from the top down in order for the hospital to rebuild its reputation.