Children's Home + Aid - Good at my level, not so much above me | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Home + Aid

"Good at my level, not so much above me"

I have been working at Children's Home + Aid full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have a good supervisor who allows me the flexibility I need to do my job well. The atmosphere in my office is very family oriented. The majority of the employees do quality work and do care about the children and families served.

Cons

Too much weight at the executive level, not enough IT support (there should be at least one IT person in each area, stop making them travel all over), not enough communication between upper management and lower levels.

Advice to Management

Stop using all sorts of consultants to come up with half-baked ideas that don't work with the day-to-day staff. Communicate upcoming projects across regions better. Take time to recognize that a lot of "average Joes" can contribute lots of small amounts instead of always looking for the biggest donors to make major donations. Stop being cheerleaders and shadow staff to see what we really do.

Other Employee Reviews for Children's Home + Aid

1. "Loved The Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Children's Home + Aid (More than a year)

Pros

surrounded by great managers who share the same passion as you do of working with youth, women, and families. Loved how much they go out of their way to make sure they have a impact on those they interact with

Cons

there aren't any down sides to this company

"Poor management, no advancement potential and extreme favoritism"

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Children's Home + Aid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have met some great co-workers and have bonded with many families, I have learned a few things along the way

Cons

Administrators look the other way while people play the system. Breaks are inadequate. There are some teachers who have no concept of child development yet seem to run the place. Parents run the show, policies are not followed and "at-risk" or low income people should not drive luxury cars and have iphones.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and don't let a few bully the rest. People may seem qualified on paper, but in reality have no business working with defenseless babies. Your next employee might be the one to finally call DCFS.